Lead PHP / Laravel Developer
£50,000 – £80,000 per year – Full Time Hybrid Role
3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) in the office, otherwise remote working
Do you want to work for an award winning software company based in the heart of Pride Park in Derby, with a family feel, rapid growth and huge benefits? LogicBarn is looking for a brand new Lead PHP/Laravel Developer to join our rapidly growing team, as a business we have more than tripled in size and revenue in the last 18 months and are looking to keep this momentum and expand the team further.
About Our Company
LogicBarn is a trading name of Gold Crest Trading Ltd, we have a great family feel to our company with a very friendly, warm and collaborative atmosphere to work in. We provide our team with the latest technology to ensure we are at the cutting edge of our industry. We have expanded rapidly over the last 18 months bringing in new team members and customers throughout the pandemic and beyond.
Our benefits include
- Gym membership to David Lloyd Gyms after completion of your probationary period.
- Company Zoom Meetings where we will buy you and your family a takeaway of your choice.
- A high end laptop and a super wide 32 inch monitor.
- Regular salary review.
- Funded Training Opportunities.
- Eye Care Vouchers.
- Internal Wellness Programme.
- Continuous Training.
- This role is a hybrid role, with 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) at our offices in Pride Park, Derby and 2 days working from home.
- Collaborating closely with our sales team to develop bespoke solutions for our clients.
- Working with multi skilled teams to plan, design, develop and deploy top of the line bespoke. PHP/Laravel based applications.
- Leading by example by writing high performance, quality code.
- Mentoring, supporting and training junior, mid-level and senior developers.
- Instilling good practice in the development team and ensure high standards are upheld.
- Ensuring security practices are adhered to.
- Reviewing current technology choices and evaluate new options to ensure we are always at the forefront of new technologies.
- Improving our DevOps pipeline and increase use of automation.
- Setting up and managing server environments.
- Working on bug fixing and improving site performance.
- Reviewing code written by others in the development team.
- Writing automated unit tests.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Proven commercial experience as a PHP developer using Laravel.
- Scalable PHP Application experience.
- Experience with WordPress would be a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (planning, design, development and deployment).
- Knowledge of version control systems, preferably Git.
- Knowledge of project management systems (Clickup, Jira, Monday ETC).
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, knowledge of SOLID principles advantageous.
- Experience with MySQL and database-driven CMS.
- Experience running Agile projects and Agile methodologies.
- Experience of working with third-party libraries and remote data APIs via REST and JSON.
- Experience with Unit tests and TDD.
- Experience of managing a team of developers ranging from junior to senior.